image preview issue

Reaction score
Dear users,

I recently removed all the photos and pictures from the photo folder and I put them in another one under document.

Now what is annoying is that when I try to post something or look for one of those photos, I used to be able to preview all of them in the photo folder and then by clicking I could use them, now I can preview only those I highlight in this new folder...any suggestions how to reverse to the previous situation or change the folder settings or anything else

Geppo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you offer a little more information about what you're using to post/preview etc.

If you use the Preview app or quicklook it doesn't matter which folder you're looking in so I guess you must be doing something else.

Also so more info on which Mac and version of OS you have would be handy.

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes you are right, it is a macbook air mac os 10.6. What I am trying to do is the following, let's I want to posta photo I took with my iphone, I used to have that in the photo folder, then what I have done is that I took all the photos in that folder and moved it into another one named photo under documents. Now when i try to upload a photo, I used to be able to preview all of them as I open/highlighted the photo folder, now I cannot do that anymore and if I want to see a photo I need to highlight them singularly. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry, but you still haven't said what your using.

I understand you've moved the pictures to a different folder but how or what are you using to upload/preview? And what do you mean by highlight?

Is it just that your using a different view? Column/list/coverflow etc? Or are you using a specific piece of software?

OP
G
Reaction score
OK...I apologize it took me that long to reply... now let me start over, it is a mac OS 10.7.2, the issue is the following I had a bunch of pictures, extension .jpg in the picture folders under the media menu (when using finder) those pictures were also possible to be previewed in iphoto

What i have done I selected all the pictures in the folder "pictures" and copied them in a separte folder called photo under documents

Now two things happened, the pictures in the new folder are kind of grayed out and unselectable, while if I go under all my file I see them. Also in the iphoto app, they do not appear anymore, it looks like as if there is a spec holder for them, but no pictures...*** can I un-mess this mess ?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm still not entirely clear about what you've done, what you're trying to achieve or why. So this is manly educated guesswork.
If it were just a folder with pictures in you could move this anywhere, at will and still open the files, quick view them, email them, edit them etc.

But it sounds like you've moved the iPhoto library which is a 'special' packaged file that iPhoto is expecting to be in a certain format in a certain place. That's explains the greyed out images in iPhoto.

The best way to resolve your issues is to move the folder back to where it was.

If you need to get images out of iPhoto to move them elsewhere you need to select and export them from within iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.