iPhoto Email use

Reaction score
I'm brand new here, so I hope I'm posting this to the right place. When I send photos using iPhoto, I can't find a file indicating which photos were sent. In Preferences, I've selected iPhoto mail program. How can I go back and see which photos I emailed? Thanks.

Reaction score
I don't think there a away to show a list of photos that have been emailed, but when you click on a photo that has been email it will show up in the sidebar as being "Shared".
You can make a Smart Album with the rule that the keyword is Emailed and as you mail a photo give it the Keyword "Emailed" and all the photos with that Keyword will show up in the Smart Album. Other than that you can always just drag the photos to the Dock and drop on the email icon and send, then it will show up under "Sent"

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks Pomeroy - I was hoping for an easier way to see what I emailed (I'm working on a cookbook and sending lots of photos to the graphic designer without making note of which version I send her). Seems a shame that there isn't an easier way to check, but I do appreciate all your good suggestions.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Thanks Pomeroy - I was hoping for an easier way to see what I emailed (I'm working on a cookbook and sending lots of photos to the graphic designer without making note of which version I send her). Seems a shame that there isn't an easier way to check, but I do appreciate all your good suggestions.:Blushing:

It couldn't be much eaiser than with a Smart Album, assign a short cut key toy the key word and while you have the photo selected to send just hit that key and you are done. to make keywords hit "command + K". To make a Smart Album got to iPhotos "File" menu and select "New Smart Album" and give it the rule "Keyword is Emailed" now every time you email a photo it will show up in the sidebar in the Smart Album. You can have more than one rule in a Smart Album too, so only the photos you sent to your graphic designer would be in that album.

OP
A
Reaction score
Wish I could keep you in my back pocket! I have a feeling that I'm using only a mere fraction of what I could be doing with my Mac, and the newly uploaded Lion. Thanks again for your terrific suggestions.

Reaction score
iphoto and email

Just used iPhoto to email a series of photo's from my photo stream. My question is how do I know that the email was sent, unlike the email application that has a sent file, iPhoto does not. The email application does not recognize an email sent from within iPhoto and store it as sent. I have tried clicking on the photo sent and then the info, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong. Please any feedback would be appreciated. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.