Mac Mail Client Issues

Reaction score
A few months back my roommate was having some issues downloading some pictures from his Gmail account. I loaded his account info into my Mac Mail client and voila, his emails appeared. We got the pictures downloaded and then I deleted his account out of my Mac Mail client.

Now, months later, I'm having issues with Mail sending my emails as if from his account. People get my emails, hit "reply", and then their reply is sent to his account and I never get them. I have removed all the accounts and files associated with Mail and set up the accounts as if they're brand new and still am having the issue. I'm not sure what else to do except reinstall the OS, which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas??? I would really appreciate some help on this!

(If it matters, my email account is also a Gmail account)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to make sure the account changes were corrected by going to the GMail web page and access your account from there.

Reaction score
Go to your Mail preferences and under the Accounts tab check and see if his is still listed there under the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP). If so edit the list in the drop down and remove.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you both for replying!

Pomeroy, that was it. I found his server information in the outgoing mail area. Thanks so much!

OP
J
Reaction score
Actually, now I'm having issues getting it to send mail at all because it's not configuring the proper outgoing mail server when I have Mail set up the account. Any ideas on proper config settings?

Also, how does my actual Gmail account play into this? I've gone into my settings on that and haven't seen anything that would be the culprit, but I'm pretty ignorant on this.

OP
J
Reaction score
Nevermind. I figured it out. I just kept messing with the server settings and finally got it to work, though I'm not sure what I did. Thanks everyone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.