need help with ipod

Reaction score
hey i have an ipod 4th gen, i have some music on it that i put on it on my dads macbook. i am wondering what will happen if i sync it to my new windows computer. will it delete all my music? or will it add the music to my itunes library. they are all MP3 files.

C

chas_m

It will want to wipe and re-sync with your new computer.

Why not simply take the music files from your dad's MacBook on let's say a thumb drive and add them to your PC's iTunes?

OP
U
Reaction score
It will want to wipe and re-sync with your new computer.

Why not simply take the music files from your dad's MacBook on let's say a thumb drive and add them to your PC's iTunes?

i am in a different country so that wont be happening. i tried to put the music on a usb drive when i was still there but Mac + itunes wont let me copy the i tunes library onto a drive for some reason.

is there a way i can take the mp3 files off the ipod before i sync it? i am using windows 7

C

chas_m

Yes, there is. I'd suggest Phone to PC, which costs a small fee (don't recall how much -- $20-30 I think) but does the job perfectly -- will transfer not just the music but the ratings, the playlists, the play counts, photos, videos everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
there are alot cheaper options then that and they work just as good. just google transfer music from ipod to pc and you should find lots of options.

OP
U
Reaction score
i downloaded a free third party program which did it easy thanks guys it worked

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.