Screen Savers disappeared from the folder

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Mac Book Pro mid 2010, OS X version 10.6.8. I wanted a new screen saver so I tried to download the aquarium screensaver. A notice said it wasn't for this version of os x. I went back into the Screen Saver folder and deleted it. Since then, I went to my Screen Saver folder and nothing was there. Completely wiped out.....is there anything that I can do to get this folder back? I went into my trash the only thing I seen was the Screen Saver that I meant to delete. :eek: However, when I go to my preferences desktop/screen saver all of my screen savers are there. When i tried to go to a new screen saver that did work it shut down my preferences unexpectedly. Should I be worried? Is there a disc that has the Screen Saver folder on it?:eek:

I don't want my hard driver to go out not that I know if this problem can do that because at this point I don't know what to do this is my only option right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where it came from
http://www.pure-mac.com/screensaver.html

Downloading Marine Aqurium 2.6.1
Is what I installed eeek

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.