Uning Mission Control

Reaction score
Mission Control Tutorial

A number of pages one can open ona computer screen--for example while browsing, or while writing a book (where each section might be in a different doc file)--can be very large. But working on a desktop overpopulated with windows is likely to be very inconvenient, especially when the screen is small. The application named Mission Control, that comes with Lion, the latest Macintosh operating system, offers two tools for dealing with "too many windows" situations. After learning how to use Mission Control, I decided to summarize what I have learned, in a short introductory User's Guide. How can a retired teacher miss an opportunity to teach? The guide is freely available online at
lion_new

Feel free to use it in any way you wish. And share what you know about Mission Control. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Thanks Professor. I might suggest adding some screenshots and perhaps pulling out key principles into boxes. I didn't know about the role of the Esc key.

Like you, I find Lion's multiple desktops extremely useful. I use both a mouse and a Magic Trackpad. I use the Trackpad to switch desktops with gestures.

I assigned Notational Velocity, an add-on notes app that syncs with SimpleNote, to all desktops. It is always handy that way, and syncs instantly across all iMac desktops and with both my iDevices.

OP
kowalskil
Reaction score
Thanks Professor. I might suggest adding some screenshots and perhaps pulling out key principles into boxes. I didn't know about the role of the Esc key.

Like you, I find Lion's multiple desktops extremely useful. I use both a mouse and a Magic Trackpad. I use the Trackpad to switch desktops with gestures.

I assigned Notational Velocity, an add-on notes app that syncs with SimpleNote, to all desktops. It is always handy that way, and syncs instantly across all iMac desktops and with both my iDevices.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will include at least one screenshot, probably in two or three days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.