Color washed out printing from Pages

Reaction score
Greetings!

I'm a new MAC user. Working with Photoshop Elements 10 for MAC to edit Photos, which I import into Pages to create Brochures. When I print photos from PE10, all looks good. But when I print from Pages the colors are all washed out. Colors on my screen look good though. Anyone else have this problem or ideas how to fix? Adobe says it's not their problem. Many thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
print the photos without putting them in pages first and see if they still print washed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I don't believe that Pages itself is a color managed application (Elements is, and Adobe's right). I believe you can use ColorSync to color manage your print. It's in the print dialog.

OP
J
Reaction score
print the photos without putting them in pages first and see if they still print washed out.

Thanks Brad. I did print the photos from Photoshop Elements and they print with good color and resolution. But the color print quality from my Pages document, exported as a pdf is washed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
You will need to dig into pages and see what the settings are for it and for the exporting to PDF. I do not have or use Pages, so I cant help from here.

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't believe that Pages itself is a color managed application (Elements is, and Adobe's right). I believe you can use ColorSync to color manage your print. It's in the print dialog.

I'll try that Mike. Thanks. Is that color synch in Elements or Pages. It seems like the color and print quality is not getting communicated to Pages. A plain photograph printed from pages is washed out and so is a brochure exported as a pdf doc. Sooo frustrating.

Reaction score
Rather than actualy print the file, using the print command and view the print in preview do the images still look washed out

C

chas_m

That definitely points to an issue with the print settings in Pages. The print dialog box looks a bit different depending on printer, but try exploring some of the advanced options for better-quality print.

OP
J
Reaction score
That definitely points to an issue with the print settings in Pages. The print dialog box looks a bit different depending on printer, but try exploring some of the advanced options for better-quality print.

Thanks Chas - I discovered that if I turn over control to PE10 for color and printing within PE10, and if I CmdP from "preview" in Pages instead of "print", I get access to a nice dialog box offering more advanced print choices and an acceptable print quality AND the option to email a PDF of better quality. I need the PDF to deliver to my clients for their Real Estate Brochures.

Phew, looking forward to the day when I'm not a MAC newbie :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.