problem with Iphoto

Reaction score
When I open IPhoto and try to view the photos, I always get this message:
The volume for "PC.......AVI" cannot be found. Insert the disk or connect to the server volume and wait for it to appear on the desktop, then try again. It leaves me with three options: cancel, find movie or choose OK. I try each but the screen always freezes and I must force quit IPhoto to get out. Why is this happening?

Reaction score
same problem

What is the resolution to this?
I must quit iphoto or the screen continues to freeze on the error

HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
The volume for "PC.......AVI" cannot be found. Insert the disk or connect to the server volume and wait for it to appear on the desktop, then try again
That would seem to indicate that when that item was imported, the "Copy Items to iPhoto Library" option that is in iPhoto Preferences>Advanced wasn't ticked. If this is the case, then the external drive that it was on will need to be connected to your Mac i order to view it. That's assuming that the file is still on the external device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.