Macbook super slow after OS X 10.6.8 upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,
After upgrading to OS X 10.6.8, my mac is running SUPER slow!!! I have 50% of hard disk space so it shouldn't be a problem. I ran Repair Disk Permission, and Verify disk etc but no luck. Everything is running real slow - Mail, internet browser, Finder everything - it takes minutes to load anything. All I see is the spinning rainbow wheel!!!! Please HELP! To get back to pre-upgrade speed, should I reinstall Snow Leopard or should I go for Snow Lion upgrade???? Any suggestions please????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you do a clean Snow Leopard install or an upgrade over Leopard? When I originally upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard, I had nothing but problems, however, when I installed Snow Leopard clean and then restored from a Time Machine backup everything was fast and smooth.

OP
P
Reaction score
I upgraded from OS X 10.6.7 to 10.6.8. Should I reinstall Snow Leopard from scratch ie clean reinstall?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.