iTunes - US Tax ID Number

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new to the forum and hope I can make some contribution.
Not sure if my question is right for this thread but:
I want to submit an epub book that I have prepared to iBook Store and need to get a US Tax ID Number.
Does this mean that I will be pulled into filling out reams of tax forms for the US Govt. or is it just a way that the US Govt can automatically take tax off every sale through Apple iBookStore?

C

chas_m

Congrats on the eBook!

You'll want to talk to an accountant about whether you can use your SS# as your taxpayer ID (since it is your taxpayer ID# unless you are business) for this purpose. I believe the taxpayer ID number is required not because you have to collect taxes (the store does that), but because every product sold in the iBookStore must come from a person or company authorized to sell the product.

Depending on whether you plan to publish regularly and/or how much income you expect to make, it might be wise to establish a business for your publishing efforts. Again, talk to an accountant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.