Lost Contacts, Message, photos after IOS 5.0.1 Update

Reaction score
I updated ios 5.0.1 yesterday and then Sync with itune to copy my apps and others. Later this morning I relise that my message and photos has been deleted and my contacts on iphone has been replaced with contacts from addressbook from mac.

I had just a few contacts on mac which I store from my last Sony Ericson Mobile.

I am in Big Trouble now. No contacts, no message and no photos, which I really want it back.

Suggest me people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You don't say which version of iOS you had before the update, which iPhone you have or any other detail about what you did and when but. . .

Firstly untick the sync contacts with Address Book in iTunes then restore your iPhone with the backup that was taken prior to updating.

OP
hunkychap_07
Reaction score
You don't say which version of iOS you had before the update, which iPhone you have or any other detail about what you did and when but. . .

Firstly untick the sync contacts with Address Book in iTunes then restore your iPhone with the backup that was taken prior to updating.

I am using iphone 4. Its on 01.59.00 baseband and not a factory unlocked. I was on 4.3.2 and I updated custom ios 5.0.1 then Jailbroke and then Unlock. Everything worked properly and now I have an unlocked iphone4, jailbroken on ios 5.0.1. Then I setup my all new iphone with icloud enabled then restored from itune. Got all my apps back but there is no photos, message and my iphone contacts replaced the contacts from my mac address book.

OP
hunkychap_07
Reaction score

Also how do I restore my backup that was taken prior to update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Only app settings are stored in the backup so getting your apps back just means you did a sync with iTunes. It doesn't sound as though the backup was restored automatically (as it should be when doing an upgrade - though I'm unsure how your jailbreak/unlocking activities may have impacted the upgrade process).

To restore a backup just hit Restore in iTunes with your phone connected. It'll restore the phone to the latest version os iOS then present you with an oportunity to restore a backup to the phone.

Before doing the restore you can check under devices in the iTunes preferences to see if a suitable backup exists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.