Airport Issue.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (late, I know) and since then my airport has repeatedly dropped and locked me out of my home network. It works fine on every other network I have used (work, school, etc) and I have other devices (iPad, eg) that work fine at home. Once it drops the signal, I can still see the network, but it won't accept the password when I enter it. I have tried turning off the router, waiting a few minutes, and restarting both that and my machine, but that has only worked once (for a few hours) and has not worked since. I have taken the computer in to tech help, but they just shrugged reset the parameters (which did nothing) and told me it should work.

This has been going on for a frustrating week now. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As it works elsewhere the issue is likely a router config issue.

Do you have all the OSX updates installed?
Which make and model router do you have?
What sort of security/encryption does your wireless connection use?
Which Mac do you have?

For testing purposes turn the security/encryption off on your routers wireless network. Connect to the network. Does the Mac maintain it's connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.