Help! Erased Macinstosh HD from Disk Utility

Reaction score
My bf who is currently deployed in Afghanistan bought a new Macbook Pro in August while on leave. When he returned to Afghanistan he downloaded Lion from apple.com and that was when all the trouble started. Anytime he tried to do something (watch a movie,play itunes, go online) the system would continuously crash. I sent him the Installation CDs from my Macbook so that he could do a clean wipe of his HD and reinstall Snow Leopard. Problem is when he tried to boot the installation CD pressing C, a black screen with white letters would come up and nothing else would happen. He then tried to press Command R and run the installation CD from there but the same would happen. He then erased the Macintosh HD from Disk Utility by mistake and now everytime he tries to turn on his Macbook Pro a white screen pops up and nothing else happens. He saved all his files to an external before he started doing this in case this would happen. How can he retrieve his Macintosh HD in Disk Utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Lesson: can't use disc for MacBook in a MacBook Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.