File catalogue software

Reaction score
I am trying to find a file cataloguing software application. I want the software to be able to scan a folder and produce a searchable database or spreadsheet that can be printed, sortable by the range of different file specifications (name, date made, date mod... etc) and producers a list of all the different file types (not just media / photos and the like).

OP
D
Reaction score
Close but not quite right

Thanks for the prompt response, McYukon. :)

I had actually already D/L'ed this app prior to starting this thread.

It's an excellent program but it is not quite what I am looking for. I need it to produce a file that is not app dependent.

I know that NeoFinder will export but it only exports to a .txt file. I need a program that will export to a sortable file in a program such as a spreadsheet or database program.

Any ideas anyone?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
A text file is largely application independent since it's simply plain text. Have you looked at how the application saves the text?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Won't most spreadsheet programs support importing text files. Been a long time since I did that but it should work although you may have to create the column heading row.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.