Basic Newbe iTunes Question

Reaction score
Switching from PC to MacBookPro (aren't we all?)

Got most things figured, but my iTunes photos and music.

If I try to since with my 4GS, it wants the new Mac with nothing in there, to overide my iPhone. That would trash all my music and photos.

How do I get the iPhone music/photo's to transfer its stuff to the MacBook iTunes. I've tried migration assistant, nada. Its probably in the Cloud, but would also like it on my MB hard drive.

Tx

Machog

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Getting the photos off of the phone requires an intermediate step. Preview can import photo files from the phone to your Mac. Follow these directions Transfer Photos from iPhone to computer. When you choose the Import command it will actually say import from followed by the name of your phone.

Once on your Mac the photos can be added to your iPhoto library which is where iTunes looks by default.If you look at the Photos tab in iTunes with your phone attached I believe you can also designate another location.

Every guide I have seen thus far to transfer music from the iPhone to a Mac has required third-party software. I have used Senuti — Recover music from your iPod, iPhone or iPad to your Mac to transfer files from an iPod with success and it looks like it works with the iPhone as well now.

The demo is good for 30 days or I think 1000 songs. Well worth the money (less than $20.00( if you have to transfer more than that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.