Pages 09 crashes computer

Reaction score
Hi!

For about 2 months now my iMac has had a problem with crashing:'(. It only happens when I'm writing in pages. My screen will go black or produce som psychadelic pattern and I have to hard reboot.

A first I thought it was a hardware issue since I recently changed my harddrive but heavier apps like logic pro have no problem. Other word processors also work fine, just pages.

Has anyone experienced something like this or have ay theory on what I could do bout it?

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try to remove and reinstall Pages to see if that cured it from crashing?

OP
S
Reaction score
Only via Time Machine which didn't cure anything. If I were to remove it completely I don't know if I'll be able reinstall it since I don't have a physical copy and only one licence. I'll try though, I can always restore in time machine if it doesn't work. Thanks for the tip and I'll post any progress

OP
S
Reaction score
If I uninstall it, how will I get it back apart from buying it from App store? I don't have any installation file..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you purchased Pages from the App store you don't have to pay for it again. You can download it without having to buy it. As a matter of fact, when you purchase Pages from the App store you can install it on all the Macs you own, not just one.

OP
S
Reaction score
I bought it before there was any app store nd I tried looking it up on the app store but it only allowed me to purchase it. I tried downloading the trial from apple in case I could register it with the numbers I had saved but the apps wouldn't start, I suspect the trial is OS x 10.5 only.

OP
S
Reaction score
UPDATE
Had a similar crash today while using kingsoft office on a parallels machine. Looks like its hardware or OS after all :(

Will start a new thread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.