Disk permissions repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i5 8GB Lion/ G3 /iPhone4/iPods
I enter disc utility, repair disc. Shows some permissions wrong, they get repaired ok. But this-----Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired. What is that? Shows up last few times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Probably not a problem, but if you boot from your restore disk (insert disk and restrat pressing the C key) you can do a better permissions repair from there.

JUst wait until the installer comes up and select Disk Utility from the menu bar, run Disk Utility and then restart

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i5 8GB Lion/ G3 /iPhone4/iPods
Warning message

Thanks to you both for replying. I have researched (googled!) this message and have discovered it is normal/no problem. I have had this Mac about 9 months and really interested in some of the less used/cooler stuff. The message sounded bad so here I am. I will access disc utility from the install disc as mentioned. Gotta love Mac. I am new at all this stuff and feel confident and comfortable doing it. Also plan on messing with terminal/Unix. Interested in the guts of these babys. Never owned a pc, started with the teal lil baby mac and it STILL works. Read/blogged/figured it all out. Glad to have found this site!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.