Help?

Reaction score
Hi! I have a PowerBook G4 15", which I got from my uncle. He said it had some power issues, at least, the Mac guy at the shop he brought it to said so. So I got home, and for me, not being able to wait, I stuck two wires into the power jack. I suddenly saw some smoke, and ripped the two cables out. :Oops: I then was quite sad, but now after two years, I noticed a little bit of burnt plastic inside the jack. Then I realized, "it could just be some burnt plastic, that made the smoke." I bought a adapter for it, and it arrived (after 5 weeks -.-) So I looked on the charger unit itself, and noticed it said "Macintosh PowerBook ibook 45W AC Adapter" :Grimmace: I'm 100% sure I ordered the 65W model, but thought they had sold me the wrong one. But, surprisingly, the output said "24.5V 2.65A" I searched the web, and noticed the 45W geniune model had 1.8A of output power, while the 65W has 2.65A. I then came to a thought. What model is this then? I plugged it into my PowerBook, and ofcourse, it didn't start up. :Not-Amused: So, i'm, thinking about getting a new powerboard for it. Or?

Any help would be great..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
you stuck two wires into the power jack? I'm not sure I understand this. What two wires? Were they energized? Oh, smoke is bad.

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah, like two bare wires. Withouts any plugs or anything.. :/

With 24v going trough them.. I think it was 2A...

I was trying to power it up, without the charger, because I had one 24v lying around. But, I failed...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.