• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

what do i use to watch movies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ intel core 2 duo OSx 10.7.2iMac G5 10.4.11 , ipad
would like to know what plug in or what it is I download so that I can watch the free movies on websites ?
is there a free movie website just for macs ? not sure how all this works, but I saw the website named 1channel.ch/ and you can play or download the latest movies and it is a legal site.

thanks !

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Perhaps others can clarify this but I suspect the site you referenced is violating the spirit of copyright law if not the letter of the law. The FAQ says they do not host the movies merely point to the host sites. Then the FAQ says
Most of these videos are hosted on servers in other countries, which are located on crappy connections, so they will lag for people in certain countries. We suggest you let the movie load, press pause, and let it load for a couple of minutes in the background, and then you can start watching it.
I suspect that at least some of the countries in question are also ones that do not honor copyright law.

What problem are you having with the site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ummm i really don't know where your going with this . . . . Im having difficulty understanding your question.

If your talking Torrent Movies that are free?? They are free because its illegal to download them which in short terms means we are by law not allowed to talk about them in this forum.
If your talking youtube ? Go to there site and watch away to you hearts content.
If you mean TV shows as well, i know the networks here in Australia let you watch back episodes of the current ones running . . .

So if you could please explain your question a little clearer.

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06 GHZ intel core 2 duo OSx 10.7.2iMac G5 10.4.11 , ipad
Perhaps others can clarify this but I suspect the site you referenced is violating the spirit of copyright law if not the letter of the law. The FAQ says they do not host the movies merely point to the host sites. Then the FAQ says
I suspect that at least some of the countries in question are also ones that do not honor copyright law.

What problem are you having with the site?
Well my son has torrent on his pc and I don't know how to make it work or if it's even for a Mac.
The website is legal as far as I know, but if not are there any out there that let you see them for free and how do I do it with a Mac?
Is torrent for Mac ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Downloading copyrighted material is not legal in this country. And we abide by the laws of the US in these forums. This discussion is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.