Opening and closing applications and documents

Reaction score
On a PC when you open documents and applications you can see them in your windows toolbar and can quickly retrieve them, on the Mac I can't tell what is open and how to retrieve them unless I minimise every screen until I get to it. I'm sure there is an easier way??:Grimmace:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX? If Snow Leopard or older, you should try Expose. If Lion, Mission Control.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
10.6.8 is Snow Leopard. I wanted to be sure because 10.7 Lion is totally different in what you access. What Mac do you own? There is a default key on the keyboard to trigger Expose and it will show you all open apps. Want to be sure which Mac model you have so I will tell you the correct key to hit.

Also you can open System Preferences and look for Expose and assign a mouse button to open it.

C

chas_m

The Dock displays a little "light" under each running application. You can also see a quick heads-up display of running apps by pressing command and TAB (you can also change and even quit apps from this heads-up display).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.