Dual Monitor Support

Reaction score
Does the video connection on the new mac book pro support two monitors. I'd like to be able to extend my display onto the second monitor. Maybe have an excel chart or VMWare running in the second monitor. I've thought about those products that use USB for the second monitor but felt the screen refresh/redraws would be noticeable. Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Unless I seriously misunderstood the specs yes it will do that. It supports both video mirroring and dual display mode (the one you want). See Apple - MacBook Pro - Technical specifications of the 15-inch model.

I used one of those USB devices to add a third screen to my 2008 MacBook Pro giving me the built in screen and two external screens. I did not have a problem with screen redraw per se but there were some issues ATPM 15.08 - Review: OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter

i am not sure whether all of these devices have the same issues. Generally speaking if you are only using one external monitor connect it directly to the Mac you'll get the best performance that way. I'd only go the USB route to add a second external. Which is really cool BTW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.