Wireless sync - ERROR "iPhone can't be synced, the required disk cannot be found"

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have an iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPad 1, all 16GB (iPads both wireless only) and all on untethered jailbroken iOS 5.0.1.

I have a serve with windows 7 and the latest iTunes installed. My iTunes keeps getting error messages saying that it can't sync with the iphone/ipad/ipad 2 because the "required disk cannot be found". Thing is, the devices are not even trying to sync! iTunes keeps repeating this message even when there's no device plugged on any charger.

Despite that message, when i DO plug the devices on a charger, they generally sync correctly...go figure. The error is annoying though, because I can't use iTunes on the server to play musics on my stereo when this is happening.
I reinstalled iTunes, but no dice.

This happens all the time. What could be this problem? This wireless sync seems to be somewhat buggy!

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Hello everyone.

I have an iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPad 1, all 16GB (iPads both wireless only) and all on untethered jailbroken iOS 5.0.1.

This probably has a lot to do with the problem.

My iTunes keeps getting error messages saying that it can't sync with the iphone/ipad/ipad 2 because the "required disk cannot be found". Thing is, the devices are not even trying to sync!

Yes they are. All iOS 5 devices will wirelessly sync with iTunes whenever they are on the same network, even if "asleep," the moment iTunes is opened. You can turn off wireless syncing in iTunes if you prefer.

Reaction score
Same error, not wireless connection

I am experiencing this same error but without wireless sync, using usb cable. I have an older version of ipod, but itunes syncs music without any problem. When I attempt to sync podcast I get this error.

Any tips on how to resolve?

OP
M
Reaction score
This probably has a lot to do with the problem.

Yes they are. All iOS 5 devices will wirelessly sync with iTunes whenever they are on the same network, even if "asleep," the moment iTunes is opened. You can turn off wireless syncing in iTunes if you prefer.

Hello, thanks for your answer! Interesting, I'll see if it's the jailbreak that's interfering with the wireless sync. When I said that the devices are not syncing what I meant is that they weren't plugged or charging. iOS devices only sync when they're plugged anywhere, or they only need to be on the same network (don't need to be plugged on some charger or something)?

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.