Replacement keyboard

Reaction score
I have a 13" macbook that is 3+ years old it is upgraded to OS 10.6.8 and I have had troubles with the keyboard. The last time I had the keyboard replaced in Brussels, Belgium and I don't recognize what region/language it is. I would like the keys to match what is typed. Now they work as US.
This is the number key/shift layout":!"£$%&/()=? (up arrow symbol) can any one help me out?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not the US keyboard layout. It may be the UK English keyboard that was installed, of that I'm not sure. You may be able to remap some keys but there is no way to change the symbols on the keys without replacing the board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Certainly not a UK layout either. UK on my Powerbook is !@£$%^&*()_+
As said, no way of altering the symbols on the keys though.

OP
D
Reaction score
This is a picture of the keyboard. I was hoping that I could just select it in preferences and that I would not have to remap any keys. The keys the way that they are would be useful for an American living in Belgium. Thanks

keyboardID.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Once you figure out what keyboard you have, you can easily change the keyboard to match up:

Settings --> Keyboard --> Input Sources.

Only problem is that your photo didn't load, so I can't see it to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.