Deleting a Faces account

Reaction score
Hi there,

I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for Mac Help, so I put this here.

The problem is that the Faces account in question does not show up in iPhoto. However, it is an option for a group of photos when selecting a Screensaver option. I can not find these photos, nor can I figure out how to get that particular name off my computer.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Here's a screenshot. I am trying to find the Sarah account, which I do not remember creating. The other accounts were created after finding this.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hmm…

Try tricking iPhoto, import some photos/screenshots/whatever and tag something in them as Sarah and then select the Face Sarah in the Library>Faces area and hit command+delete.
iPhoto will then ask you if you really want to delete that face, and it will hopefully be gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Too bad.
From what I can tell faces are stored in a unconventional database in the iPhoto library, and trying to editing it by hand will corrupt your iPhoto library.

You could probably delete the face's databases in the iPhoto Library Package, but you would have to retag all the pictures.
If you do decide to try it make sure you have a current backup of the iPhoto library.

OP
O
Reaction score
Nevermind I did it. Had to go to iPhoto Library, right click and select "Show Package Contents," and then delete the file faces.db.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup :) Did it work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.