upgrading ram and battery on mbp 15 inch

Reaction score
I was looking to buy a replacement battery on my macbook pro 15 inch model A1211 and was wondering if this one will work:

Apple MacBook Pro Battery | Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch Battery

although it isn't for my specific model, can I still install it on my laptop? I also currently have 3gb of ram and would also like to upgrade that. I heard that the limit on this machine is 4gb? is this true? Since I'm running lion I thought I could easily surpass the 4gb limit since it is a 64 operating system. My machine has a intel core 2 duo 2.16ghz 64 bit cpu, and I am using a 2gb and a 1gb ram stick to total to 3gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
You CAN install 4GB if you want to. But only 3.25GB would actually be utilized by the laptop. So you're paying for an extra gig when you're only gaining 256MB of performance.

That battery seems extremely overpriced to me. Here's on from Amazon that says it will work for your specific model, and for far less money: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006B2VB4A/?tag=macforums0e4-20

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks a lot, I'll order that one instead. I'm also gonna go and max out my ram to 4gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.