Sending ipod back for repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
Hey guys,

here's the story: my friend gave me a G1 ipod (5GB) since he does nto own a mac computer and thus cannot sync the ipod. His gf bought it off ebay.

Since a few days, the ipod has been dying on me. It shows me the folder icons with the exclamation mark and mostly, the low battery icon no matter how long it is left to gain some charge. I'm guessing it's the battery

I'e tried to restore, reset as instructed here.

Now, my question is...

1. if I do send it back for apple service (paid, since it is obviously not under warranty anymore), will they process it?

2. Do they replace it with one of the same generation or anything else? I dont like the 3G ones, that's why I'm asking, hehehe

3. I've heard stories about apple asking for more money to fix ipods (different cases, but you never know). If they do ask for more and I dont pay, will I get the ipod back to use as paperweight?

Thanks
JTR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
1. If you send it to apple they will process it.

2. If they need to replace it they will replace it with the sam Gen. If they don't (they should though) if you put up a fit they will.

3. Since the iPod doesn't have a warranty any more they will charge you to fix it. Unless its just a software problem then you will just have to pay shipping.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you for your reply.

From what I get fromt he apple servicing website, if it's just a battery problem, they replace it for you.

good stuff. :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
btw guys...i cant find info on where to send the ipod back to. Any ideas? I'm in Canada.

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.