Finally made the switch!!

Reaction score
I have been lurking for a while digging around and researching the World of Apple.

I am happy to say that I am typing this post on a 15" 2006 Macbook Pro Core Duo 2 Ghz. I was given it by my partner's brother who just replaced it with a new MBP from his office.

Tomorrow it is Apple Store to pick up a Snow Leopard disk so I can do a fresh shiny new install on her and then she will be all mine.

C

chas_m

Have fun with that! You don't mention how much RAM the machine has but I'd recommend maxing it out (I think that model can only "see" up to 3GB even if you put 4GB in it). RAM for that model is stupid cheap.

OP
A
Reaction score
Have fun with that! You don't mention how much RAM the machine has but I'd recommend maxing it out (I think that model can only "see" up to 3GB even if you put 4GB in it). RAM for that model is stupid cheap.

Yeah it is bone stock at the moment so she is definitely destined for a nice RAM upgrade in the future, as well as a shiny new battery because this one lasts less than an hour.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.