Skyrim on 2009 Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I own a Macbook Pro 2009 with the following specs.

Intel Core Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz
4 GB Ram
Windows 7 - 64 Bit Operating System (Bootcamp)
Nvidia 9400M graphics (256mb Vram)

I know my system isn't exactly a good system to play Skyrim on and I accept that. I am only looking for the best settings I can get to run the game. I understand that I may have to install some mods, change some settings and tweak the Skyrim ini file and above all choose the lowest game settings within.

At the moment the fps isn't really all that good. It flutuates quite a bit with the average being probably around 12 fps. I am using fraps to determine this but some people have said that fraps isn't really a good utility for this.

I have already tried some things to get to this point, but I have seen some other people get better than what I get, for instance some videos on youtube show a better frame rate than this and also some people on some other forums, etc have said they can get an average of 25 fps with their MacBook Pro with pretty much the same stats as above.

Just to also point out, I have also tried the beta 1.4 update also, but it didn't really change anything.

I reverted back to 1.3 and downloaded the skyboost mod and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. I don't know what is going on her, I have chosen the lowest settings possible to play. The game automatically detected medium settings and I have checked it on a website called "can you run it" and that also says that I should be able to play it, giving a tick for everything including the Nvidia 9400M Graphics.

I'm starting to think that something is seriously wrong here.

Hopefully some people can help me, put any suggestions out there and I will consider them

Thanks in advance

Graeme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
The only thing I can think of is that you may want to increase your ram to 8GB. This, in turn, will allow for your graphics card to borrow more memory and give you better gaming performance.

Like you though, I've seem people run Skyrim on systems with lower specs than yours. And still get 25-30FPS on the lowest settings. What's going on with your FPS I have no idea.

OP
D
Reaction score
Re

Thanks for the reply. I'm still looking for a solution. I have found a mod but by the sounds of it it would dramatically reduce the quality of the graphics (even below the lowest settings), I think it's designed for gamers who have computers older than mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.