Macbook pro format and reinstall ?s

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site and to being a mac user. I recently purchased a 2011 macbook pro from a friend of mine, and need some assistants in resetting or formatting the computer to make it as if it was just taken out of the box. I have done a little research already and noticed that I may need the os x install disk, in which I did not recieve from my friend. So my ?s are where do I start and a step by step guide through this process would be so.greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any and all info. Reguarding my ?s.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What operating system is on the 2011 MBP? If it came pre-installed with OS X Lion, then there are no disks that came with it. Post the model number and which version of OS X it's running and we should be able to help you wipe it and start fresh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.