Only able to move/delete no more than 3 files at anyone time in finder !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I am hoping someone can replicate this.

Im in Finder and have the Icon view up. Im in downloads and i want to delete/move 10 files. I highlight all ten files i want to do something with and when i execute to Trash them or move them to another folder, it only allows me to grab 3 of them at any one time :(
It hasn't really annoyed me until today when i went for a spring clean and i had a lot of files to trash and move.

Yes i could of put it into another view and delete/move them where i wanted and as many as i wanted, but that really defeats the purpose of me being in a view that i enjoy.
Anyone else have this, seen it, or can replicate it and if so how do i fix it ?? There is no preference to set a certain number so can't do it that way.

Any ideas friends ??

Cheers

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Anyone ???

All i need is a yes it happens to me, or no it doesn't happen to my machine.
If its a yes it happens to me, then it looks like it is a system wide thing, but if its a no it doesn't happen here then i need to work out what the gist of it all is.

Ohhh BUMP lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
May I remind you, that this is a forum of volunteers and people aren't paid to offer their advice and you shouldn't expect an answer after only 12 HOURS! ;)

Only kidding! If I'd seen this earlier, I would have been able to test it, but my Mac is now 100 miles away, so I can't offer any assistance whatsoever. It does seem strange though that you would only be delete 3 items at a time...

If after SUNDAY, no one has replied, I'll give it whirl... Just for you. ;D

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Champion mate ;)
I can't work it out, but got to me yesterday when i had 10's of files to move/delete.

I appreciate your free time, but hurry up and get home so you can see just for me !!!!!

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!

This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed :D

RBS

Reaction score
Can't Empty Trash

Working on a MacPro with OS10.7.3.... My trash is overflowing. I kept getting error message saying my hard disk is full. When I empty trash eventually it asks if I want to delete all files or only unlocked. I've tried both ways. Seems there is over 2 million items to delete! I've moved or copied all needed files onto a separate external drive and trashed tons of stuff. Now I can't empty the trash or even move items out of trash.... Yikes!

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tattoo, went to my Downloads folder in 10.7.2 and tried moving 5 files to a folder on the desktop. Worked. So I will search around and see if I run into anyone else with the issue and get back to you. That is a strange issue for sure!

Thanks Dennis. I have looked around a bit but didn't see anything pertaining to my issue.

This is from the Download folder in Icon view correct? Reason I ask is I have seen differences in some folders in Lion!

This is correct mate. Its ok in all the other views except the icon view. I just tried to replicate it and it still happens. Not every single time but 90% of it.

Works fine here, I think your OS is jinxed Tatooed :D

You telling me McYukon. Gremlins me thinks lol

Appreciate it all. Its just annoying me now !!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.