Boot Camp Help!! Restarted after partion and nothing...

Reaction score
So i've been working on boot camp all day and its been giving me nothing but trouble but thats probably cause I'm not the most computer savvy guy. My first problem started with burning windows 7 onto a blank cd. i kept getting into problems right after i chose how much i wanted to partition to windows. i didn't know i had to go through disk utility to burn it on the CD properly. i got that fixed and now I'm stuck again.

The computer partitioned the 50 GB to windows 7, restarted and then came back to IOS, and not windows like i was told it would in the instructions Apple gives you. What do i do now that i didn't go to windows to start the installation process of Windows 7?? PLEASE HELP!!! and please be as specific as possible.. Ive only been a mac user for a couple months now so i don't know everything in and out.

I got my Macbook Pro August 2011 - 13 inch 2.3 GHz

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Your post is a little confused. But the root of your problem is that the DVD that your burnt isn't bootable.

Where did the Windows 7 image come from? Presumably it's the ISO bought from the microsoft online store.
To burn it you need to use Disk Utility's burn facility, choose the ISO file, let it burn and verify.

Start the Bootcamp Assistent again, you don't need to partition again just have it restart the windows installation.

OP
J
Reaction score
well it only gives me the option to "remove windows 7" or "download the latest windows support software for Apple"

Should i remove windows 7 and try re-installing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So have you got a freshly burned, legit version of windows 7 now?

If so, put the disc in, reboot holding option and, if the disc is bootable you'll get it appear as a boot option on screen. From there you can just follow the bootcamp install guide

OP
J
Reaction score
okay, that worked. It downloaded windows, finished installing, rebooted the computer and went back to Mac. Do i have to hold option every time i want to switch to windows when i reboot or what? as you can tell, I'm very new to this....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You don't need the windows dvd in but yes, you hold down option on startup to choose which OSX you want to boot into.

Don't forget to install the bootcamp drivers in windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.