Word 2011 not printing Color Gradient?

Reaction score
Hello: I designed a nice color cover in Word a few days ago. Specifically, I went into layout/page background/color/ fill effects and chose the "gradient option where one color or two colors and shaded with higher or lower intensity depending upon your selections. For example, my colors were shades of yellow and blue with a "horizontal" gradient. Well, I edited to the cover until it looked great. However, anytime I try to print it, it prints only one color with NO gradient. This is also how it appears (one color) when I see it in print preview before I try to print. The two transparency sliders on the option selection box are frozen and can't be used, although you might think that they could be. Does anyone know if this might be indicative or a problem? I also want to note that if I select any editing formats from the background color's other three categories, "texture", "pattern" and "picture", any changes I make show up correctly in the print preview and actually do print correctly. As another note, I have another question thread going where I have not been able to pull up my template and other galleries so it appears that this portion of my Word software is corrupt. Any help anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like you're having all sorts of problems with Word. The gradient printing may depend on whether or not your printer supports it. I keep two printers setup for Word: An HP LaserJet for documents and a Canon all in one color printer for layout work. I usually switch between them depending on what I'm printing. The only thing I can suggest is make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your printer.

Also take note that Word 2011 does not give a true print preview unless you use the drop down PDF selection and then view. True print preview was available in Office 2008 but was removed in 2011.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.