deleted photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I accidentally restored my iphone 4 to the last back-up date of 12/10/11, losing all pictures taken after that. I did not lose anything else except recent calls, to my knowledge. Is there any way to find those lost pictures? Do they exist anywhere in cyber space? I don't back-up my phone very often but even if I did does that back-up the photos? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If you are using the PhotoStream feature of iOS 5, then the photos will be in the stream.

If you happened to make a backup of your iPhone before restoring the older backup, restore it again with the newer one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Photo stream is your only option unless you used iPhoto after the backup and before the restore.

Reaction score
How can i recover deleted photos from my digital camera for free?

I have a kodak easy share camera, it doesn't have a memory card so the camera will only hold 10 photos without one. My daughter got ahold of it and deleted the 10 photos that were on there. I really hope that there is a way to recover them without having to pay for any downloads online or purchasing software from a store. No other pictures have been taken since the others were deleted. Does anyone know if i can get them back?

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Since I am only now learning about photostream and icloud, I'm assuming I don't have either. I also had not transferred my iphone photos to iphoto on the Mac so I guess I'm totally out of luck. I'm still surprised that the restore I did erased my newer photos. In the screen where the restore choices were it said "this will only affect your notes, contacts, calendar, texts, and phone calls". It didn't affect these but did erase my photos.

C

chas_m

The iPhone is, essentially, a big photo card (it uses flash storage like the regular ones do. It MAY be possible to resurrect them with photo-recovery or USB-drive recovery software, but it's a slim chance at best.

You might give these guys a call, see which of their products they recommend. You'll at least know if anything can be recovered.

C

chas_m

I have a kodak easy share camera, it doesn't have a memory card so the camera will only hold 10 photos without one.

So the camera *does* have a small amount of built-in memory then.

I really hope that there is a way to recover them without having to pay for any downloads online or purchasing software from a store.

I don't know of anything LEGITIMATE (ie safe, trustworthy) to use that's free. As I recommended to "English teach," there are a number of good "photo-recovery" softwares out there but most of them cost at least some modest fee. If the pictures are valuable to you, then the fee will be worth it.

Here's the lowest-priced one that I could recommend:
Lexar® Image Rescue® 4 Software | Lexar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.