Cutting and Pasting?

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to cut and paste from websites and attach them to an email. Any idea how to do this?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Did you try simply cutting and pasting into the e-mail? That works more often than not. What exactly are you trying to cut and paste?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You could do as above which usually works, or you could open TextEdit and copy Text/Image or other and copy into that then use the TextEdit as a attachment.
Not sure how much of the copy and paste that you need but ill put up the keyboard shortcuts for you.
HTH

Highlight Text/Image or other
Copy ~ command + c keys
Paste ~ command + v keys
Cut ~ command + x keys

Cheers

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I guess I'm guilty of not paying attention to which forum this was posted in - but now I'm assuming you're trying to do this on an iPad or iPhone? I know you can do this with most text - but I haven't tried doing anything that included an image - not that I can recall.

C

chas_m

I'd like to be able to cut and paste from websites and attach them to an email. Any idea how to do this?

On the iPad, you can copy and paste by double-tapping on a word, which will generally bring up a blue highlighting with little "handles" you use to select the portion you want to copy and the command "copy" or "select all" that you would touch.

Once copied, open the mail program, start a new note and double-tap in the blank text-entry field. You'll see the option to paste.

iphone-copy-paste.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.