Creating ebook

Reaction score
Dear Forum,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I'm trying to create an ebook using pages from an old site of mine built in html with simple drop down menus.

Im trying so many software packages for PC but have been advised to build in PDF format for all users PC and Mac to be able to use.

Does anyone know a good software for converting html to pdf and also to enable drop down and links etc to remain active.

I've been out of the technical game for a few years and also believe ebooks are completely old school, but just want to be able to give away my site content for people to view.

Any help or thoughts most welcome, as have downloaded and tested so much rubbish all afternoon due to my current ebook provider pulling the plug on the server hostinhg my ebooks.

many thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You should be able just to print it to PDF (one of the options under Print). After that you can assemble the PDF pages using Preview. Calibre (free download) does a decent job of converting PDFs to eBook format (several options).

OP
N
Reaction score
Thankyou razormac,

The problem I have when I tried this is 2 fold, firstly non of the links / drop downs will work, and each page has date / time page details on.

I have 4 ebooks to make with over 200 pages, so looking at doing it in batch format, but cant seem to find anything that works.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thankyou razormac,

The problem I have when I tried this is 2 fold, firstly non of the links / drop downs will work, and each page has date / time page details on.

I have 4 ebooks to make with over 200 pages, so looking at doing it in batch format, but cant seem to find anything that works.

Editing out the extra details you could actually do in Preview, but would be tedious given the number of pages involved. Setting it up with active links is (I have to admit) beyond me. My stuff isn't that complicated.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.