Finding multiple files at once

Reaction score
If I have a long list of file names entered in one text file, along the left edge like this:

13445.mov
13566.mov
13768.mov
13790.mov
etc.

How would I search for all of these files at the same time? Is it possible in Spotlight? Surely there's a better way than searching one at a time... the reason I'm doing this is I have the files in many different folders and need to separate this particular set of filenames out from all the various locations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
can't you search for ".mov"?

OP
F
Reaction score
If I search for .mov, that would give me many more results than the list that I have...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't seem that Spotlight accepts * as a "wildcard" they way DOS did.

Reaction score
Is it possible to search multiple files at once? For example, I have a list of 6 files that I need to search for in a specific folder. Is there a way to just copy the files names from the spreadsheet and copy them into "EasyFind" and search for all them in one shot? I know it's a similar issue as above but I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this in "EasyFind". I also looked into "TotalFinder" by BinaryAge but can't get a clear answer. Any help is appreciated.

Example:

product_01.jpg
product_23.jpg
product_24.jpg
product_46.jpg
product_48.jpg
product_51.jpg

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Is it possible to search multiple files at once?

Not that I am aware of. I tested the few ideas I had... no luck.

Reaction score
I figured this out. I can let you know what I did - let me know in a reply to the thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I figured this out. I can let you know what I did - let me know in a reply to the thread.

Curious.
Who are you replying to?
Did you know that the post before yours is a year and a half old? (give or take)
If you figured something out, why not post your solution? Even in a revived thread like this, maybe someone will find it while searching.

Reaction score
Search multiple files on easyfind

I've accidentally came across the solution for searching multiple files on EasyFind. I had a list of file names to search in excel, copy the list (example A1 to A30) then paste into EasyFind search field thats it, no need for any wildcards or boolean. Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.