OS Lion hang when save or open files from Time capsule

Reaction score
After I upgrade OS Lion iMac always hang when save or open files from Time capsule
and mak illustrator and finder not responding. after not responding can't sundown completely so I push hold power button.

How can I do?

I use 20-inch iMac 2.4 ram 4 gb OSX Tiger and 21.5-inch iMac 3.06 ram 4 gab OSX Snowleopard have no problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums czarlovely . . . .

Ill try and help out here so be sure to post back results.

1st open Disk Utility that is in the Utilities folder via Applications.
Click on your HD in the left column then the First Aid Tab then down the bottom Repair Permissions. It might take a while so go make a coffee and when its done don't worry about all the errors that show in the Log window, but sign out then back in.
Try and open/save a file to/from TC.

If the problem still exists then following the instructions above, do the same to your Time Capsule.
Post back the results and we can take it from there.

Cheers

OP
C
Reaction score
Repairing permissions for “OSX HD”
Permissions differ on “Library/Fonts”; should be drwxrwxr-t ; they are drwxrwxr-x .
Repaired “Library/Fonts”
Group differs on “Library/Java”; should be 0; group is 80.
Permissions differ on “Library/Java”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxr-x .
Repaired “Library/Java”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/cs.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/cs.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/hu.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/hu.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “System/Library/User Template/tr.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “System/Library/User Template/tr.lproj/Pictures/iChat Icons”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_TW.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_TW.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_CN.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/zh_CN.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ru.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ru.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ko.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ko.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/nl.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/nl.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/it.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/it.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/es.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/es.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/fr.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/fr.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/de.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/de.lproj/app/javascript.js”
Permissions differ on “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ja.lproj/app/javascript.js”; should be lrwxrwxrwx ; they are lrwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin/ja.lproj/app/javascript.js”
User differs on “Applications/.DS_Store”; should be 0; user is 501.
Permissions differ on “Applications/.DS_Store”; should be -rw-rw-r-- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .
Repaired “Applications/.DS_Store”
Group differs on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”; should be 0; group is 80.
Permissions differ on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rw-rw-r-- .
Repaired “Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd”
Group differs on “Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist”; should be 80; group is 0.
Repaired “Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist”

Permissions repair complete

I try use again and will report later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Now it still same problem...

Thats no good is it.
Ill get you to download MainMenu 1.7.4. This is the free version so DONT upgrade or update it or it will take you too .v 2.1.2 and will ask you too pay. This App does the same thing as Disk Utility, but cleans deeper into your OS and does so much more.
Once downloaded and put into your Applications Folder you need to configure your Tasks. You need to find something like this
20120202-frgwa61bwkfdyjjgwgw85yenyw.jpg
to bring up a window like this
20120202-me6hh2bq54ud9a7iwcuupacpyx.jpg
Notice i have high lighted 2 Tasks you need to uncheck, and once its configured run it. Again sit back and wait until its done. Log out then back in and now lets see what happens.
Its worth a try and won't do any damage so its worth the try. MM has gotten my Mac back on track when DU hasn't. There is another App by the name of Download OnyX for Mac - Mac OS X maintenance and optimisation tool. MacUpdate.com that others swear by, but i found MM to do the task and more. I find MM interface a lot easier to use and bc it did such a good job, i went and bought the the paid version. . . . .

Anyways post back the results and maybe someone else will pop in and give you something else to look at.

Cheers

OP
C
Reaction score
It still not responding.
It's hang when saving file or transfer file to time capsule on network only. I use lag cable to connect with time capsule. My time capsule is gen 1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should of asked that 1st. What Gen TC you have. Being the 1st Gen I'm thinking now that, that is the problem. According to  kb article for 1st Gen TimeCapsule specs it should be fine, but I'm betting there is a setting somewhere that isn't tweaked just right to be able to get the best out of both machines.

I don't have a TC and I'm not that cluey on wireless networks and settings, but if you are try changing settings. The one that i can think of is the security one ??but on my Router for my older iMac to work i had to have it set at from memory WEP. Now i had it at WAP2 to give me the best, so i thought but the old iMac was only compatible with the WEP so my network could of been cracked in 2 minutes by a 12yr old.

Im about at the tip of my knowledge so if you think you can, play around with the settings, but if not i dare say someone has a setup like yours using TC and they might be able to help.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.