Printer Issues (HP Photosmart 1115) & PowerBook

Reaction score
Hello again all!

Some of you may remember my "switcher" post. Anyhow, specs are now in my sig.

Somehow using the printer utility I was able to connect to my printer and connect to the shared files on my PC. The printer is using some beta drive for the 1100 series or something like that. Honestly, I cannot recall the settings I used to get connected to both, but somehow it worked.

Here's the problem: once I connected and printed a page, I decided to go to HP's site to see if they had an updated OS X driver for the printer, so I wouldn't have to use the generic one. I d/l'ed their driver installer package (which also came with some photo editing/viewing junk too). The d/l weighed in at about 45 megs. So, I went to start the installer, and it refuses to find the printer on the network. As it goes through its setup wizard, I click TCP/IP, but the nework name in, I've even tried putting in the IP address of the PC th whom its connected to. I'm at a real loss now.

To make matters worse, every time I open the lid (take it out of standby), the HP installation wizard tries to run and I have to cancel out.

Anyone have similar printer installation problems??? I'd really like to use the REAL driver and not the generic one. And I see no way of "pointing" to the driver to update it. I don't even know where the drivers are at this point, since the wizard hasn't really been able to do its thing yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Look at this: it is the apple tiger supported hp printer list. I got this out from a phone call!:

Color Inkjet CP1700
Color Inkjet CP1160
Deskjet 350
Deskjet 3420
Deskjet 3820
Deskjet 5550
Deskjet 5551
Deskjet 640C
Deskjet 810C
Deskjet 815C
Deskjet 816C
Deskjet 825C
Deskjet 830C
Deskjet 840C
Deskjet 845C
Deskjet 880C
Deskjet 920C
Deskjet 935
Deskjet 895Cse
Deskjet 895Cxi
Deskjet 930C
Deskjet 940C - Learn More
Deskjet 948C
Deskjet 950C
Deskjet 955C
Deskjet 957C
Deskjet 960Cxi
Deskjet 960Cse
Deskjet 970
Deskjet 980Cse
Deskjet 980Cxi
Deskjet 990Cse
Deskjet 990Cxi
Deskjet 990Cm series - Learn More
Deskjet 995
Deskjet 1125C
Deskjet 1220C
Deskjet 3420C
Deskjet 1200-series

OP
S
Reaction score
Right.... I have seen that as well. BUT, HP has OS X drivers for my specific printer on their site..............

Reaction score
Scroatdog said:
Right.... I have seen that as well. BUT, HP has OS X drivers for my specific printer on their site..............
same with mine (hp 6110, but its not on the list, so it doesn't work)

I tested this by taking a deskjet 810c (which is on the list) and setting it up in the same confiurgation as the 6110, and the deskjet worked, looks like the list tells the facts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.