Do you know how to split my laptop monitor...

Reaction score
Sanyo XGA projector - Mac Book Pro

Need to have feed to projector with split screen so I can be showing a video or power point, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY doing other things (checking email etc.) that WILL NOT be projected.

Sounds easy but I can't figure it out :/

Thank you!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD
System Preferences/Displays/Arrangement
uncheck mirror displays.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! I tried that and it takes a long time to switch... I need it to be like the expose where it's quick and seamless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD
What are you switching from? Are you trying to go from a mirrored display to extended without the blue screen/refresh?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, I was looking to go from mirrored to extended without the blue screen. I just figured out that spaces is the solution to my problem. Thank you for your help :)

OP
R
Reaction score
Ooooh but the downside is that I need to reformat the display arrangement each time the vga cable is disconnected from the computer... any way to save the settings?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.