iPhoto trouble

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.8
I wanted to look at my photos in iPhoto in a slide show. Went to the apple tutorial, was told to select desired photos & then hit the slide show button. I have a book, calendar & card button but I don't have a slide show button when I open an event or all photos. How can I get it back or get one?
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here's what I do:

Select the photos you wish to show in your slideshow. Then, click on the iPhoto top menu "File" and select new slideshow. Name the new slideshow. Example: "My Birthday Party". Select the play arrow and the slideshow with music will start.

You didn't say which version of iPhoto you have? My version is iPhoto 11.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.8
iPhoto slide show

Thanks for the responce. I have iPhoto 08 7.1.5. When I go to "File", I don't have a new slideshow option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have iPhoto 8 on an older MacBook which at the present is not handy so I can't test to see how to derive a slideshow. I'll try to get back to this thread later.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Thanks for the help. I went to my local Apple Store to get a hard drive and they helped me fix it. Went to Help in iPhoto, typed in sli (for slideshow) highlighted show in toolbar, which produced drop downs & checked slideshow. All good
Thanks again

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Glad to hear it's fixed. Thanks for posting back. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.