Outputting 2560x1440 Resolution To My Monitor?

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking at buying a Hazro HZ27WC 27" IPS monitor, apperently it's the same panel as the one Apples uses in it's 27" iMac Cinema Display.

Anyway, it only has a DVI-D Dual Link port on the monitor, my laptop has a mini display port output, would I need that expensive adapter to get the monitor to display the highest resolution which is 2560x1440.

Is there any cheaper alternative? I don't really want to pay £70 for an adapter!

Can i do:

Mini DisplayPort Adapter to HDMI port > HDMI cable > DVI-D Dual Link Adapter

Would that work ? or would I only get 1080p?

Many thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nope. You're only choice is that very expensive adapter. Double adapters do not work and may actually cause a blackout or distortion. Look for another less expensive monitor?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, looking for another cheaper monitor sort of defeats the purpose of me wanting it, as it's a 27" display that Apples uses in tehre 27" cinema display, it's on offer at the minute:

Hazro HZ27WC 8-Bit 27" LED Widescreen Professional Glass Monitor - Black [HZ27WC]

£359 plus £70 for the adapter, not too bad I suppose, better than £900 for the Apple Cinema Display.

Then again I could get the higher model of that screen which has 2x HDMI DP etc its another £130 hmmmm

OP
S
Reaction score
Nope. You're only choice is that very expensive adapter. Double adapters do not work and may actually cause a blackout or distortion. Look for another less expensive monitor?

Hi again, what if I was to buy a monitor of 2560x1440 resolution with a DisplayPort adapter, will it work just using the DisplayPort at 2560x1440?

Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not certain, but I believe you would still need the dual link adapter to get that high a resolution from your machine. You could certainly give it a try though. You can always purchase the adapter later on if it's needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.