How to get an account on iTunes.

E

Existenz

Hello. I am a little stuck. I have just downloaded iTunes so I can start my own podcast, and when I submit the feed, it tells me I need an account. Now, in order to get an account, I need to give out credit card details...

Is there a way to get accuont without giving out my credit card details? Because that would be wonderful. I really want to have a podcast...

Wait...hold on...i have just found out that you can get an account for free if someone sends you a song gift thingy....

Can someone please send one of these to me...please...

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Just skip the credit card part and continue on, I believe you don't need a credit card really.

OP
E

Existenz

It won't allow me to do that....i have to fill in information of my credit card...whcih doesn't exist.

EDIT: Oh my word....my country isn't listed when I select a country besides the united states. Oh dear....I live in South Africa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Then you can't use iTMS at this point. Sorry...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well if you only need the account to submit a podcast you could always ask someone else with an account to submit it for you...

OP
S

sursuciofla

Doesn't have to be a credit card, you can use your bank card. Now that all depends on how safe you feel doing that. I use a credit card but I am sure Apple won't do anything dirty. I have known people to do that without problems. In cc info just select none for the card type and enter the rest of the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.