Running XP on VMware Fusion and Magic Mouse

Reaction score
Hi,

I've read many related questions about this problem, but I can't seem to find the right solution, so I hop you can help me..

I'm running VMware Fusion on a MacBook Pro. I've installed Windows XP on the virtual machine.

Now, when I try to use my Apple Magic Mouse, it move my mouse pointer very very slow in Windows. But when I use my macbook's trackpad, the pointer works fine.

Now, I've tried to increase pointer speed in windows settings, but i't doesn't solve the problem. The Windows installation has 64 Mb video memory, so that can't be the problem..

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Increase the amount of RAM given-over to the guest system in VMware? Might help?

OP
F
Reaction score
It was 512Mb already, but increased it to 768, but I don't see any difference...

any other options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
I'm not 100% on how this would affect it, but maybe if you installed the Boot Camp drivers that might help Windows work with the trackpad? (I know you're running XP in virtualisation, not natively, but it still may help it talk to the Mac hardware...)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of VMWare Fusion are you running? All driver support when the VM is active is provided by Fusion - no OS X drivers are used. And no, you can not install Boot Camp drivers.

The latest version of Fusion (4.X) has improved drivers for hardware. Not the greatest, but better than before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.