Can't turn off iTunes Match. Very frustrated...please help.

JDW

Reaction score
Hi,
I subscribed to iTunes Match only to find that not only did it "match" less then half my library, it turned into a nightmare. I noticed immediately that my iPhone acquired a serious lag when it was turned on...3-7 secs for it to acknowledge that I pushed a button when navigating my music. So i turned it off on my phone and boom, no lag. A couple weeks went by and I decided to give it another chance. Same problem. So I turned it off again. Only this time, even though it said that its off its still on...all matched music is still shown with the option to download it, and the lag was still there. So I tried turning it off on my pc iTunes as well. Did nothing. Out of desperation to somehow fix this through trial and error I turned it back on on my pc iTunes. Thats when it got ugly. As it scanned my library again it changed artist and track names on some albums, deleted album artwork on some, put the wrong album artwork on some, and even deleted a few entire albums that I had downloaded from other sources!

At this point I am so frustrated I would be willing to pay another $25 just to make it go away. How can I turn this off or better yet, cancel my subscription entirely?

Thank you for you help and you time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Have you tried calling Apple?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.