Who wants a landscape-only option for iPhone? Click here, please ...

Reaction score
If you want a landscape-only option for iPhone and iOS, we won't be getting an option like that unless enough of us lets Apple know that it's a desired feature by at least some users of their phone hardware.

Help make a difference by going to Apple's website and filling out their feedback form for iPhone:

Apple - iPhone - Feedback (click on this)

Meantime, what are everyone's thoughts on having this option present? Thanks!

C

chas_m

"it's a desired feature by at least ONE user of their phone hardware."

Fixed that for you.

Also, you might want to do a quick google on "iphone rotation lock."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What exactly do you mean by "landscape-only"?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm totally fine with the iPhone staying in portrait mode while on the launcher and switching to landscape mode where it makes sense..it's dumb to require just ONE orientation be locked in..

Reaction score
Mark me down as not getting the 'landscape only' thing either.

1) Many apps simply don't translate into landscape mode.

2) Many current apps I use would waste 'real estate' on the screen if they DID flip 'sideways'

3) What app developers are going to want to make 2 versions of their app for a extreme microcosm of the user community who might actually benefit from the option.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Certain apps makes sense only in landscape and others only in portrait, but a lot of them do make sense in both modes and since switching between the two is fairly trivial within the application..this is really a non-issue..

OP
O
Reaction score
Allow me to elaborate. Sometimes I wish that the phone had a landscape-only option (not just for e-mail or texting, but also for the homescreen, the settings screen, et cetera). The phone (and many other customers with bigger hands) would benefit from this, I think. Doesn't have to be forced onto users. Could be made entirely optional. Of course, vertical-only apps could stay vertical if they're designed that way. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a landscape-only option. That's all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.