G5 smashed, would be great to know what broke & missing

Reaction score
hope some one could help on this one: someone dropped a G5 (2,3 dual core) and well, they stripped it from its memory, harddrive an optical drive.
because there wasn't much left they. I could have it.
I would like to know:
if i could check the prosessor w/o the memory (propably not but who knows)
if i could check the graphics card? (maybe in a windows pc, can't find what kind of graphics card it is, only that it is Nvidea)
and if i could break it even more by trying some random DDR strips i have laying around, or does the G5 "just don't work" if i try, should it be exactly the stock memory?

problem is that i don't know very much of apple but i do understand some normal hardware logic. also there aren't many people who drop there mac :p i hope i can get it running again!

it can still be turned on but nothing more, after a few secs the fans are going crazy to protect everything. but wel i would do the same when my memory is missing :p

sorry for bad grammar and other language problems!

Reaction score
You need at least one stick of memory...Mac memory to be safe. With out the HD youll get a flashing ?. I would reseat the video card. Youll have some idea if the machine comes up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.