PDF to PDF

Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is take a regular, 8-1/2 x 11 PDF and save a new version formatted for a Kindle. Yes, I know about the Mac's built-in "Save as PDF" option under the Print function, and I can use that for other file formats. Problem is that when I try to save a PDF as a PDF (with the Kindle formatting), I get a message saying "Saving a PDF file when printing is not supported."

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what format does the kindle want?

OP
T
Reaction score
Kindle will accept PDF, even though it isn't its native format, which I've found to be VERY handy. All I've done is add a 3.5" x 4.5" page format to the "Save as PDF" options. When I use this with any other document, it keeps the current font size and just reformats the document to fit on 3.5 x 4.5, which is perfect, and makes a nice, usable, legible Kindle document. ...and incidentally saves a lot of paper and ink.

So the problem is that "Save as PDF" won't save a PDF as a PDF. Burns out its poor little brain, I guess. So what I'm wondering is if anyone might know a simple workaround (that doesn't involve copying the PDF document into Word, reformatting manually, and THEN saving as a PDF), or if anyone can recommend a printer app or something that would handle the job.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.