How do you stop "US Holidays" from always coming up in iCal?

Reaction score
In my iCal account, I can't seem to get it to automatically stay with my Google calendar, since it always reverts to US Holidays; the only way I can get to my Google is to make a new calendar, then delete it so I get the right menu. This is REALLY annoying so can someone help me? I have the Lion operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Under iCal > Preferences, what's your default calendar set to?

OP
T
Reaction score
It's set to my Google calendar; I have Google so my family knows my class schedule, so I don't have a calendar that is strictly iCal, so all I have on there that I want is my sister's and mine; I can't find a way to get rid of the US Holidays one (or another one that somehow managed to get itself in there that shouldn't be, as it was my mom's and not "with" the program)

OP
T
Reaction score
Would it be possible to reset iCal? So there are no subscriptions, and it's like it was when it was first opened? Would that fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you click on the Calendars button on the top left of the iCal window (not the menu bar) is "US Holidays" checked? If so, uncheck it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Nope... I unchecked it, closed iCal, reopened, and it's still the first to show. I found using Command-` to cycle through at least... but it won't save to being on my default

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.