blank screen on my emac

Reaction score
Yesterday, I purchased macTuneUp software to pep up my tired, seven-year-old emac. However, I failed BIG time! Not only did I NOT help my emac "run like new", somehow all of the icons (hard drive, external drive, individual files, jpegs, everything) are now missing from my desktop. I'll come back for macTuneUp help, but first I need help with the invisible icons problem. Anyone??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Open up Finder, then go to your Desktop folder. Are the files at least visible there? If so, then that software is doing something to make your desktop look "clean" by hiding your desktop items. If they aren't there, then they've probably been deleted and your only hope of recovery is using file recovery software.

I just noticed that the developers of this software also make MacKeeper. To be perfectly honest… you probably have hosed your system. Consider sucking it up and reinstalling OS X, and try to get a refund on the software.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, Life. Looks like I'm going to have to start over, because those files are in "finder". Appreciate the response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.