Annying issue with iMEssage, sending a message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I want to send a message to my fiance through iMessage to her iPad which is set up for iMessage. Only, I never sent her an iMessage before using this iOS device, that is also set up and has been used for iMessage.

I know it's supposed to automatically recognize and send something through iMessage, but when I send the message through for her Apple ID email it's showing up greem and saying that there was an error and the message wasn't sent. I know her iMessage works because I've sent her iMessages through other iOS devices, and I know mine works too.

Is there some other way to "tell" my device or iMessage that this should go through as iMessage, or is the issue on the other end, like if her iPad isn't turned on and connected it won't go through.

I wish I could just identify her email address as an iMessage email contact so it would know, but that's seems to be impossible.

All Google searches say "it'll know automatically!". FAIL!
Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
are you 100% sure both the address you are messaging and the address set up in her iMessage settings are the same?

Also, I have seen issues where someone with 2 different devices (iPad and iPhone) and their email account associated with iTunes was used as an identifier on both in iMessage and the messages were not going through. I removed the email address from one of them (their iPhone) and it worked.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've sent her messages through iMessage between our iPads. I've sent iMessages to other iPhone users from my iPhone. This time I was trying to send my fiance an iMessage through my iPhone because my Verizon service was not working. Since I was on wifi and iMessage works through wifi, I assumed it would work. But for some reason it wasn't.

I'm almost positive that I used the correctg email address, but I guess I'll have to double check that later to be sure. The main reason I thought it may not work is if her iPad wasn't on/connected maybe it couldn't send through, but I assumed it would go to the "cloud" until she connected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.